About Me

My photo
My name is Kaylee. I'm a bored Bachelor of Arts student who'd rather sit at home doing some kind of crafty thing. Cats are my favorite

Monday 21 November 2011

Rummaging

I'm at my boyfriend's house and his mum just got a whole bunch of fabric and other bits from her friend, so I've been rummaging through them all morning. We found some really good fabric (and a box full of bias tape which I've claimed!) and I found a really old sewing pattern for a nightdress. It's dated 1973 and I'm a bit clueless on the instructions but I think with a bit of help I'll be able to make one.
I've started sewing a lot lately which I knew was inevitable, considering that I do almost everything else. I made my very first dress yesterday, so I'll post about that later.
I also bought a pattern a couple of weeks ago for a rather cute dress with a peter pan collar. It was the only one that I could find and it's just over knee length, which sucks because long dresses make me look ridiculously stumpy. It was also only available in 16-24 which also sucks as I'm a solid 14. The lady however said that it would be quite easy to modify to my size so I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to find some nice red material so I can wear it during Christmas time! I'll post a picture of it later as I'm using Alec's computer and his webcam doesn't let me take photos without being on a website.

2 comments:

  1. I just got another bag of "stuff" was going to give it to you for xmas- its all second hand and well loved! come round on Monday and have a look and see if you would like it.
    Almost finished my skirt, but it appears my waist is bigger than I thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is if you would like it now as a - need to get the room clear of the extra stuff...

    ReplyDelete