About Me

My photo
My name is Kaylee. I'm a bored Bachelor of Arts student who'd rather sit at home doing some kind of crafty thing. Cats are my favorite

Saturday 26 November 2011

Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

I decided I wanted to make a dress for Christmas, because I end up going to a lot of different houses around that time to celebrate and I want to look nice! So when I saw this pattern I knew I had to have it. I used Butterick B5315. Unfortunately they didn't have the 6-14 patterns, so I had to get the 16-24. In the end it fitted perfectly though. Which is great.
It's only crinkly because I wore it today!
I took it for a spin today because the Red Cross store I work in had its VIP afternoon. Unfortunately the suburb I live in is not the best place so I got a lot of funny looks. But who cares when I'm the one wearing a great dress I made myself! I now have to make my friend one for Christmas. She's requested blue so I'm hoping to do blue with a black collar.
I blacked out the junk on my floor and my face because who on earth would want to see that 
In other news, I've started to write bits of my novel that I wrote notes about down a while ago. I was hoping to do write it for NaNoWriMo but November is end of year exam time so I never get a chance. Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. The dress looks great, I didn't realise the skirt was so short! Maybe you could have another one in a different colour - longer??
    It fits perfectly, unlike my skirt which is a bit tight, needed to make the side seams smaller so it would fit round my waist!
    There is a new fabric store in the city - the Fabric Store- need to go and check it out, and also spotty for different fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that short! It's just the right length and come up just to after my knee. It's the way I'm standing! I'm going to try and make a sleeveless one in maybe black or a mustard yellow because I think that would look great. I'll wear it tomorrow when I come over.
    Oh that sounds cool! Where abouts is it? My nan, aunt and I are planning a trip to East Coast Fabrics soon because apparently they are very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute dress! I do love a peter pan collar~ Oh I have to ask, were you inspired to get a blogspot again by shedontgivea/splatastic? Because I know I was haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm currently working on a sleeveless version. I'm obsessed with Peter Pan collars :)
    Yes I was! I thought it would be fun to post about my crafty adventures haha

    ReplyDelete